Friday, February 10, 2012

Welcome to Linux for Mortals!

So you're not an ubergeek.  Welcome to Linux for the real world, for non-geeks, for us humans.... Linux is a great operating system (don't worry if you don't even really know what that is--we'll cover that) that's free, stable, and secure.  It's flexible.  It runs (well!) on hardware that Windows wouldn't give the time of day.

There is a lot of information out there on Linux, but most of it would glaze your eyes over the moment you look at it... shells, root privileges, sudo, bash.... even etc means something new and different! Have a look around--you'll find articles here that even mere mortals will understand and enjoy. 

Have questions about Linux?  Drop me a line.  I can't promise I'll have the answer (hey, I'm a mere mortal, too), but I'll do my best to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment